Steam-powered systems run some of the world’s leading industries, from refineries and breweries (who would possibly want to imagine a world without those?) to bottling facilities and food processing plants. Together with Emerson and partner Armstrong (a global manufacturing and technology company), Source Nine created a sophisticated wireless monitoring system to serve these varied industries. The system offers real-time reporting of thousands of individual components, allowing busy plant operators to respond almost instantly to equipment problems (no matter when or where these problems happen to happen).
This innovative software spares energy loss and saves precious time by:
- Immediate failure notification of devices (e.g., steam traps)
- Immediate notification of release to flare for emissions mitigation
- Pinpoint accuracy of failure location for fast resource deployment
- Detection of “sizzling” relief valves for proactive maintenance scheduling
- Preemptive warning of hazardous vapor release to improve worker safety